FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A short tour of Two Sister's Farm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Layout Tours
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadoak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few pictures taken at the Beds and Bucks open day Exhibition on Sunday 26th January.

Peter
Broadoak

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few pictures I took of Two Sister's at the exhibition in Stow on the Wold.
It is a fabulous venue in a charming Cotswold town. The show was very well attended by a record crowd, despite the glorious weather outside.

The view looking out of the window from the operating side of my layout at about 9 30 am before the show opened. All this and cream cakes to die for!

Peter
Broadoak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the Hemel Hempsted show on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it, the weather was good with a steady flow of visitors all day. There was a selection of different layouts in various scale so there was something for everyone to enjoy.
I didn't take my camera but I took a few pictures of the layout on the Friday before the show while checking it all worked, before loading it in the car.

I noticed that like most exhibitions these days nearly all the exhibitors were men of more mature years.
Although I though the best layout at the show was built by two young men in their early twenties.

Peter
Broadoak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now fully Anglicised the little Porter and took a few pictures recently of it at work in the yard.

Peter
Broadoak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quad has always been popular with the public at exhibitions and it's a bit of a favourite of mine too. So one morning last week I set the layout up and had an operating session.
Now I have a decent camera taking pictures has become an enjoyable part of the session.

A few pictures of the quad shuffling wagons around the yard late one afternoon.

Peter
Broadoak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A further selection of photos taken while checking the layout over prior to an exhibition. They were taken in our conservatory which is ideal as it gives a bright all round light. With a small layout like this now that I have a decent camera taking pictures adds another dimension to modelling.

Whilst checking the layout over I was ably assisted by one of the two sisters the layout is named after. This is Amy who quickly got bored and went to sleep on the black bin liner that covers the fiddle yard and under the layout cover itself.

Looking almost like an abstract painting a view looking down from the tree on the jeep trailer dumped next to the workshop.
In fact some of the rusty junk helps to secure the tree to the baseboard.

Perhaps not the prettiest young lady but she is busy looking for eggs and feeding the chickens that run round loose in the yard. Both the girl and the chickens are Britain's models that have had their bases removed and repainted.

The cows and the sheep dog are Britain's but the man herding the cows into milking is a modified Tamiya German soldier. I paint the whole figure black first then lightly add the other colours over the black base, finishing off with thin washes of acrylics.

Peter
Broadoak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An assortment of pictures of the Fordson railtruck working in the yard on different occasions. I have assumed the drive would only be needed on one side as the driving axle would be solid. With its three forward speeds and one reverse gear it would be of limited use really.
In our model world though we don't have to worry about practicalities like that. The driver is an ex Germam tank crew member who is found relaxing and caught playing cards. I have modified the pose slightly.

Peter
Broadoak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A view looking down the yard towards the engine shed, the GMC railtruck is just setting off for a day's work in the fields.

The Opel receiving some attention while the GMC truck starts up in readiness for a days work.

The Lister towing a small Sidelines four wheeled wagon. This model is not dissimilar to some of the wagons used on the Nocton estate railway.

A contrast in fronts, three different shunters used to do the main line work. I say main line it was a track that went all round the fields and temporary track was laid into the fields at harvesting time.
On the Nocton Estate for instance on its 7800 acres there was almost 23 miles of single track. There was also track used for a large number of sidings and temporary track that brought the total to around 35 miles.

Peter
Broadoak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The message said bug fault. It had double posted. Sorry about that.

Peter
Broadoak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter
Broadoak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some bales of hay which will be delivered to the extensive pig sties by the Davenport, on the Nocton estate a two foot gauge track ran down the centre of the pig sties.
This modified Bachmann On30 loco although it only has four wheels runs superbly over the dead frog points.

A birds eye view of the yard showing the very simple track layout.

A view taken standing under the bridge as a Simplex rumbles towards the camera as it sets off for another day in the fields.

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more pictures I have found, taken when I first got the new camera and was testing it out.

Peter
Broadoak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was given a Concor switcher to use as power for one of my special shunters down on the farm. I decided to cheat with the wheel arrangement and call it a 2-4-2. I fancied something built in the farm workshop so thought a wooden body would make a believable alternative to metal.
I have made it up as I've gone along and now it is finished I'm quite pleased with its rustic look. The doors actually open using vertical hinges in the door and frame. The holes in the frame at the bottom of the door were done using a hot pin heated in a blow torch. It was not possible to get my pin vise drill close enough to do the job. All a bit of a bodge but it worked.
Here is a selection of pictures of the device in the yard at Two Sisters.

Peter
Broadoak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter
giles b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do like the wooden loco body, Peter. It's looks as if it's a powerful brute!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Layout Tours All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: