FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A short tour of Two Sister's Farm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Layout Tours
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadoak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a small local show recently with my regular helper Andy Knott who was in David Baily mode and took a few pictures. A touch more arty than the usual fare I think.

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While checking everything over prior to the show I did a couple of jobs I have been meaning to do for some time. I have never liked the look of the driver in the green shunter so I used the dog as a sort of distraction. Now the shunter has a new driver and the little white dog has now taken up residence on the wooden bodied Simplex along with his owner who can no longer be seen. Children at shows seem to like to see the little white dog .

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more general views of the yard on a typical working day.

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last picture features a Canadian Ford which as a boy was a particular favourite of mine. A local Fair used to spend the winter at a nearby farm and brought sacks filled with logs during winter months to help the coal supplies go further. They had one of these painted a desert sand colour with wide chunky tyres and the wheel nuts painted in red. I used to will the driver to give me a ride but of course he never did.

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more views of the activities in the yard, I think the Canadian Ford looks very purposeful in profile.
The hall was rather dark in the area where I had to set it up with little natural light, but I must admit the photographs have turned out slightly better than I expected.
Although the show was mainly aimed at SG modern image modellers the farm was well received by the visitors, the tractors proving especially popular especially with the ladies.

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few shots to illustrate the differences of the Opel truck the earlier version being the grey coloured example with the gas producer. Actually it was the red and green version which came out later in real life that reminded me of the OB Bedfords that were used in the logging industry in New Zealand that sparked my interest in rail trucks. When made up this model was used to check clearances on the layout.

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That concludes the pictorial tour. As I was on my own I took the opportunity to run some of the motive power that does not get run very often.
The layout is out again in August then has a break until October.

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a local show yesterday at a place called Cogenhoe, pronounced locally as Cook na.
Andy Knott my usual helper had brought along his camera and he took a few photos of the layout.

Wooden bodied Simplex with hidden driver and his small white assistant.

Opel Blitz arriving in yard having spent the day in the fields in preparation for harvesting the main crop potatoes.

A view inside the dark interior of the engine shed.

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more shots taken during a typical operating session at the show.

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A close up of skip chassis loaded with sundry items for repair in the workshops. These sort of jobs are done during the winter and other odd times when field work is not possible.

The Porter trundles by the greenhouse where the tomatoes seem to be doing rather well this year.

The milk maid is seen collecting eggs in a bucket from the free range hens. The figure is a Britainís model that has been weathered, no thatís wrong, you canít weather people. She has been re-painted which unfortunately has not done much to improve her looks.

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will be relieved to know that this is the last selection of photographs taken at the show.

Peter M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Layout Tours All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: